A New Life in Seattle

A New Life in Seattle
August, 2018

Monday, June 4, 2012

Southern Scotch is on the way!

My second ebook, Southern Scotch, will launch later on this week with a two-day, two-free-book event, whose dates I will announce.  Stay tuned and download like banditos!  I conceived of Southern Scotch nearly twenty years ago and it was a long time a-borning.  But I'm pleased with the result and I think you will be too.  If you like hardboiled action...and have a taste for the wild and new...Boss MacTavin, head of Boss Corrections, should leave you wanting more.

If so, the sequel's already been wrapped.

Today's bit of trivia:  The book was first called Mister Excitement.  And I still feel that the idea had an off-the-wall comic book appeal:  a poor Scot, beaten half to death, returns five years later as a wealthy and powerful hero...now calling himself Mister Excitement.  But another, stronger idea won out:  he returns as Boss MacTavin--still quirky as all get-out, but grounded in a realistic blend of Southern Scotch.

Tomorrow I'll tell you how, after other false starts, I found a way of blending in my lifelong passion for Have Gun Will Travel's Paladin.  Others have gone for the gimmicks--I saw a way to tap into the heart.  And the heartbeat has made all the difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcome. Just keep them civil, please.