A New Life in Seattle

A New Life in Seattle
August, 2018

Sunday, March 23, 2014

How to maintain interest in a limited, somewhat occasional blog

For your consideration...

The new blog I've started, chronicling my move to Seattle this fall, presented three challenges I had to meet.

1) I envisioned a series of 'blocks', each block about a separate theme--moving, job hunting, timing, etc.--and stacked up very nearly with the oldest at the bottom. The blocks would start now and end either with my arrival in Seattle or by the end of the year.
2) In order to maintain the block structure--and ease of navigation--I had to post new blocks at the start of every month, with occasional short updates as the month progressed. In this way, the Archives section would show readers clearly the separate blocks and their titles. One month for this and one for that. Easy-shmeasy. BUT: I had to keep the blocks down to a length that was not too imposing.
3) Followers would only be notified when a new block posted, not a new entry within an existing block. So...how could I keep up their interest with thirty days between blocks?

Here is my solution, for now. I'm always open to feedback!

http://tinyurl.com/q9rtaqt



No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcome. Just keep them civil, please.