A New Life in Seattle

A New Life in Seattle
August, 2018

Sunday, May 8, 2016

Turning down the noise machines


I'm in danger of going both numb and half-deaf from the daily onslaughts of assorted noise machines.

Image result for noise machines images

The election frenzy grows more and more addictive. I find myself checking my smart phone three or four times an hour to see what new screams have been posted: from or about The Donald or Clinton or Sanders...or their increasingly vocal supporters.

Oh, sure, there are other things.  But the election frenzy is the one thing that's getting me into a state. I've come to hate the knowledge that I'm being puppeteer-ed by media desperate for viewers or readers and candidates desperate for attention and votes.

We've got six months to go here. And though I'll certainly vote in November and try to keep up with events, I plan to turn the volume down. Way down.




I mean, they've all got their jobs to do...but I've got books to write.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcome. Just keep them civil, please.